Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hobbies

I've learned that in the Peace Corps, you need something to keep you sane, something that you are in control over, and something you enjoy. So! I have decided on a few hobbies and thought I'd share so I'll actually carry them out for the next two years (and more!)

1. Drawing- There is so much beautiful nature here, I think it'd be really cool to learn how to draw it. Even if it turns out horrible, I don't actually have to show anyone.

2. Reading more- Which I have already started doing, I am on my 6th book in two months!

3. Playing guitar- I just think it would be really relaxing once I learn a few songs...first thing first...I should buy a guitar.

4. Writing- I journal some, but I am starting to write more and more, these too may very well never be shared...but it's relaxing.

5. Yoga- Maybe I'll start with Youtube videos to learn? Or maybe another volunteer can help me out, I just know it has helped a lot of volunteers relax and stay in control of their feelings blah blah blah, but I do want to give it a try.

That's what I am going to start with! I know it's a lot but I thought posting hem on here will hold me more accountable to actually sticking to these things. I'll let you know how it works out! :) Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. 1. You can show me! I still have that picture that you drew me when I was sick and it says get better so we can have fun again! It has two stick girls with triangle dresses holding watermelon :)

    2. I have books I could share with you on my kindle :)

    3. There is an acoustic guitar at Target signed by Adam Levine, saw it last night and thought of you!

    4. Wouldn't that be so cool for your kids to look through some day? Awesome!

    5. I bet yoga would be so relaxing and very rewarding with all of your beautiful scenery!

    Love you Jo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You're awesome.
      1. Haha, I think that might be worth something someday, so I'm glad you've saved it...stick people are coming back.
      2. Yay!
      3. I should probably buy it. That sounds fantastic. I could also always write him a crazy fan letter asking him to send me one. Maybe he'll see this! hahaha
      4. It would be :)
      5. We'll see how much I fall and laugh and just look ridiculous trying..but I think it'll be good

      Love you too!!

      Delete